We are working to give the best answer to everyone and your help is very important. Therefore, we request that you contact us via private message, here on Facebook, or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you very much for your understanding and collaboration.
SATA Group will keep its operation suspended until May 31, 2020.
If your flight has been canceled please consult the bellow information about Refund Voucher for Canceled flights
Considering the evolution of the situation regarding COVID-19, Azores Airlines will maintain the suspension of its flights from/to Toronto, Boston, Praia, and Frankfurt until June 14, 2020.
Until May 31, you can reschedule your trip, without penalties or fare difference charge, or request a refund voucher here, to use on a future trip here
Travels in the Archipelago of the Azores in cases of force majeure
Because of the emergency period in which we find ourselves, travel between islands and outside the archipelago is limited to cases of force majeure. It is no longer possible to travel without prior consent from the Regional Health Authority. To this end, a mandatory procedure has been settled, which must be initiated before booking any trip. To consult it, proceed here.
For more information on what is being done in the Azores Archipelago to mitigate the impact of covid-19 please visit the official Azores Regional Governament website about covid-19 covid19.azores.gov.pt.
Your tranquility, above all!
Due to the constraints of the past few days, facing the contingency context, We try to find solutions to reduce the inconvenience caused to our passengers.
If your flight was CANCELED, we have two solutions created for you.
Choose, until may, 31, the most convenient:
- Possibility to change your flight until December 31, 2020, no penalty or fare difference will be charged except airport taxes. Except for changes on code-share flights where the fare difference will be charged if any. Airport tax are always collected, if any.
- Possibility to choose a Voucher to plan future trips. This voucher is valid for 1 year. To request the Refund Voucher, fill in your details here.
We allow you to change your travel without penalty
If you purchased tickets with SATA Group, until May 1, you can change your trip for a new trip with a departure date between June 1 to December 31: no penalty will be charged, only the difference in fare and airport tax, if any.
These changes should be made until May 31, 2020. After this date, the situation will be reassessed.
Given the current pandemic of COVID-19, the Government of the Autonomous Region of the Azores had determined to suspend SATA Group air connections between all islands in the Region and all air connections from outside to the Azores, except cargo transport flights or cases of force majeure, provided they are duly authorized by the Regional Health Authority.
These measures took effect at 18:00 (Azores Time) of March 19, 2020.
You can find more information on this matter here.
SATA Group will keep its operation suspended until May 31, 2020.
Azores Airlines will maintain the suspension of its flights from/to Toronto, Boston, Praia, and Frankfurt until June 14, 2020.
If your flight has been canceled please consult the information about Refund Voucher for Canceled flights
You can reschedule your trip for later, without penalty nor fare difference, or request a refund voucher to use on a future trip here.
We work every day so you can be safe, on Land and in the Air.
We are sure that soon we will have you onboard again!
All foreign passengers subject to mandatory quarantine
All passengers on flights from abroad who land in the Region are, since the beginning of the afternoon today, obliged to comply with a mandatory quarantine period of 14 days, determined by the Regional Health Authority. They are also required to sign a declaration that states that if they do not comply with the mandatory quarantine period, they are committing the crime of disobedience and, as such, a complaint will be published with the judicial authorities.
In addition to this measure, all passengers from outside the Region are subject to the completion of screening inquiries for possible suspected cases of infection by the new coronavirus COVID-19, a preventive measure that is being coordinated, in each of the airports. , by the health delegates of the respective islands.
These questionnaires can determine, in each of the passengers registered abroad, the presence of epidemiological and clinical criteria associated with COVID-19.
Whenever, following the information provided in the questionnaires, which are filled out before disembarkation, there is a validation of a suspicious case, that passenger is isolated by screening, through laboratory analyzes.
If there is a refusal to complete the screening questionnaire, the passenger is automatically prevented from disembarking by the health delegate.
As crews on these flights, in case of disembarkation, they are subject to these measures.
Today, March,18, the Regional Health Authority of the Azores gave instructions for passengers disembarking at Ponta Delgada airport, and travelling to another island in the Azores, will have to fulfill a 14-day quarantine period in Ponta Delgada, São Miguel island.
For additional information, please contact the Azores Non-Medical Clarification line 800 29 29 29, from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, every day of the week or contact email@example.com.
Mandatory contact information
If you are traveling to Canada, please be aware that, to contain the outbreak of COVID-19 in Canda, anyone entering the country – no matter their citizenship – is required to provide their contact information.
To do this, and to make this process easier and quicker, please download the ArriveCAN mobile application, available at the Apple App Store and Google Play, before your arrival, to reduce waiting times and limit contact points.
Data obtained from the mobile application will be used by the Public Health Agency of Canada to administer and enforce legislation and keep Canadians safe and healthy.
Inputting your information via the mobile app will generate a summary of your traveler information, which will be used by Border Services Officers and Quarantine Officers at the port of entry to support health screening protocols.
For more information please check the information at the Canada Border Service Agency.
We inform that SATA is carrying out cargo flights between islands and between Ponta Delgada and Lisbon, as follows:
- SATA Internacional – Azores Airlines:
- S4 – 008F | PDLLIS | Estimated time of departure 13:25 | Estimated time of arrival 16:35
- S4 – 009F | LISPDL | Estimated time of departure 10:00 | Estimated time of arrival 11:25
- SATA Air Açores:
- Circular operation between all the islands of the Azores.
For more information please check our cargo webpage here.
- All our aircraft are equipped with prevention kits that include masks and disinfectant gel.
- Our crew is qualified to take all necessary measures if a symptomatic case is detected on board.
When a suspicious case is detected onboard, the Captain informs the airport of destination, so that the planned measures are taken, in conjunction with the airport entity and the health authorities of the respective airport of destination. In these cases, a more specific procedure for cleaning and disinfecting the aircraft is also established, with a greater incidence in areas of direct contact with the passenger, which takes place, preventively, under suspicion, following the instructions issued by the competent international entities.
- We constantly monitor the evolution of the situation worldwide, to implement all the necessary measures for the protection of our passengers, in conjunction with the airport and health authorities.
The SATA Group airlines, SATA Air Açores and Azores Airlines, have been permanently monitoring the evolution of the new Coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak and have implemented all recommendations issued by the Health Directorates (Regional and National), as well as by the competent entities, namely, the national aeronautical entity, ANAC, the IATA (International Air Transport Association), by the World Health Organization (WHO), by the European Center of Disease Prevention and Control.
- We provide all passengers with information leaflets with simple procedures for individual protection.
- Onboard Meals on Domestic Flights
Regarding the health protection of both crew and passengers, We will suspend the onboard meal service on Domestic Flights operated by Azores Airlines. Specific meals for diabetics or special meals for children and babies will be guaranteed upon request. In these cases, the special request must be made at the time of booking your trip or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, up to 7 days before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
- We have reduced the permitted cabin baggage volumes.
Each passenger will be entitled to board only with a handbag and a personal computer.
- We introduced a change in the allocation of seats on board.
To increase the social distance between passengers on board, we introduced changes in the allocation of seats. On the ground, we introduced new procedures to implement all the recommendations of the Health Authorities.
- We sanitize all aircraft in line with aviation safety procedures.
We carry out the hygiene and disinfection of all aircraft, with specific procedures for the Coronavirus, following the guidelines of the Health Authority and obeying the aeronautical safety procedures.
- Our aircraft are equipped with vertical air recycling systems and HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters.
Know that all aircraft are equipped with a vertical air recycling system, which allows the cabin air to be renewed with high frequency, more than twenty times every hour. This system ensures that air is refreshed throughout the aircraft, in the same way, and the same amount. The system uses HEPA filters (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) identical to those used in Operating Rooms.
On the ground or in the air, we suggest that you follow the recommendations of public health entities regarding Covid-19 and learn what you can do to protect yourself and avoid transmission:
- Wash your hands frequently, with soap and water, for 20 seconds, and especially after you blow your nose, sneeze or cough.
- Cover your nose and mouth (with a tissue and never with your hands) when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Ideally, stay at least 1 meter away from people who are coughing, sneezing or with a fever.
- In case of fever or general malaise, it is advisable to consult a medic before making your trip or to call in advance the National Health Line 24 (Mainland Portugal No. 808 24 24 24) or Regional Health Line (Azores) 808 24 60 24, for your tranquility and protection.
- Stay informed about the latest developments regarding Covid-19 and do what you can to take care of your health and protect others.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation.
Warning and Information
SATA Group airlines have adopted supplementary protection measures on all flights in order to reinforce the operational procedures they had already implemented and with the objective of mitigating the risks of exposure and contagion.
The most recent measures, effective from March 18:
- Cabin baggage is no longer allowed, being limited to a computer bag and/or a lady’s wallet;
- The capacity of our aircraft is reduced by 50%, which means greater spacing between passengers, so that the recommended social distance is maintained, with the occupancy of 2 + 1 seats per row, alternately;
- The service onboard is also reduced, being limited to water service on flights up to 3 hours and delivery of cold meal packaging on flights longer than 3 hours.
ANA Aeroportos informs that the Lisbon Airport Lounge will be temporarily closed from March 16, 2020.
Grupo SATA informs that the Ponta Delgada and Terceira Airport Lounges will be temporarily closed due to Covid-19 from March 16, 2020.
Given that the World Health Organization recognized the Covid-19 outbreak as an epidemic, we ask that you pay attention to the following:
- If you are planning a trip to China or any of the affected regions, read our Coronavirus Coverage Alert and consult your insurance policy to find out how travel insurance can cover your trip.
- It is important to note that our travel insurance products contain exclusions from epidemics, as well as due to known or predictable events, as well as travel alerts/newsletters or prohibitions from any government or public authority. As such, problems resulting directly or indirectly from reasons included in policies such as exclusions are generally not covered.
- Fear of travel is not a covered reason for travel cancellation or interruption under our travel protection insurance.
- We inform you that the other guarantees and exclusions of coverage continue to apply, as described in the insurance coverage summaries.
- Allianz | Important Coverage Limitations – COVID 19
SATA Group airlines have been permanently monitoring the evolution of the outbreak of the new Coronavirus Covid-19 and have been following the recommendations issued by the competent national and international entities, namely the IATA (International Air Transport Association), by the World Health Organization (WHO), by the European Center of Disease Prevention and Control, as well as by the National and Regional Directorate of Health and, equally, by the national aeronautical entity, ANAC.